An interesting week for me… Some of you may think where is she now and what is she doing? If I knew myself I would tell you.
However, I’ve found time today to be part of Mandy’s adventure, from her star blog: The Complete Cookbook. Her weekend adventure was for us to answer a few questions, so we could all get to know each other a little better. Today was the best I could do, so I hope you’ll not worry that it’s already mid week, but I wanted to be part of Mandy’s adventure.
1. What is your favourite non- alcoholic drink?
At this point in time, non-alcoholic in my life doesn’t exist! but……Coffee,espresso..
2. What is your favourite alcoholic drink?
A cold glass of bubbling Prosecco or a lingering Vodka Sgroppino
3. What is your favourite food?
Now, this one is a hard one! …Pasta!
4. What’s your least favourite food?
Rockmelon, I can’t eat it, I refuse to even buy them I hold my nose and don’t breathe until I’ve passed them in the supermarket.
5. What do you eat that others think is really weird?
When,Italians find it hard to believe us Australians eat Kangaroo! Australians think it weird we eat hare or rabbit or pigeon.
6. What is your favourite thing to cook/ bake?
Anything sweet that becomes my art on a plate.
7. If you could only choose one, what would it be sweet or savoury?
Surprisingly enough, it would be savoury, I love cooking the sweet things, but , I can’t go past eating the savoury!
8. What time do you usually eat your dinner during the week?
In Australia, the normal time there is between 18.00 – 19.00, but here in Europe the normal time is around 20.30 – 21.00.
9. What kitchen item/s have you never owned?
A pressure cooker and still don’t own one!
10. What tip would you give to a newby cooker/ baker?
Always taste your food… it has to be seasoned, and always lot’s of sauce!
11. What is the best vegetarian dish you have eaten?
I’m always overloading on vegetables…I have to say I always go back to a roasted vegetable warm salad or my favourite Roast pumpkin and chickpea salad
12. What is the easiest meal you can cook?
When I’m in a rush, the easiest meal for me is a mushroom or fresh herb frittata.
13. If you could only grow 3 herbs in your garden, what would you grow.
The 3 herbs I always grow…basil, parsley and sage.Oh, and remember Rosemary is a hard herb bush to kill!
14. What would you use as a substitute for salt?
Flavour is important, but it isn’t always an addition of salt that you need….spices, herbs, garlic and a good extra virgin olive oil, when cooking seafood, I start with a base of oil,garlic and anchovies…no added salt at any time!
15. What 5 items would you pack for a quick and easy picnic or day out?
- Wine no wait Champagne
You did say..a romantic picnic!
Have a wonderful week, hopefully I in a kitchen real soon!