On visiting Tandy’s blog, Lavender and Lime her challenge for this week was to bake something sweet using almonds.
Looking through some new acquired cookbook magazines, my Mum asked if I had tried a recipe – Italian Almond Cupcakes….on the same day visiting Tandy’s blog. Coincidence – I decided to try the recipe and link back to join Tandy and her baking challenge.
On further research of the recipe…the advertisement in the magazine was saying Italian Almond Cupcakes and the main ingredient – Dilmah’s Exceptional Tea.
An adventure begins…
Dilmah’s real tea boutique describes this tea: “A malty, mid-elevation Ceylon Gourmet tea in a delightful combination with the mildly bittersweet, aromatic flavour of Italian Almond. A medium bodied tea with a wonderful fragrance & slightly sweet finish.”
Refreshing and tasty this is a wonderful tea, and one to try, if you can find it on your supermarket shelves. If you would like to know more about Dilmah teas go to their home site here.
Now to these delicious cupcakes…
Recipe: Italian Almond Cupcakes
3 teabags Dilmah’s Exceptional Italian Almond tea
1/3 cup boiling water
125 grams butter (room temp.)
2/3 cup castor sugar
1 3/4 self raising flour
Pre heat oven to 180°C
- Infuse 3 teabags in boiling water and leave for 3 minutes.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until creamy
- Add the eggs one at a time, –beat after the addition of each one.
- Add the infused tea water
- Sift the flour and add to mixture
- Continue beating for 3 minutes until creamy.
- Place in cupcake cases and sprinkle almonds on top
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
These cupcakes are something else, a delicious fluffy texture, subtly infused, almond scented and just mmmmmmm,
Have a great day everyone and Enjoy!